Monday, June 16, 2008

IDHTBPTBB!!!!!







So, The Nester is wanting to see that everyone's lives are not as perfect as our photos appear...she calls it IDHTBPTBB--It Doesn't Have To Be Perfect To Be Beautiful! Don't you love it! I struggle with wanting everything to be perfect...but then, what fun is it for little boys to play legos or trains or cars when Mommy is picking them up before they are done playing??? Not very :( Anyway, I probably won't be able to put her fancy blinking button on my blog to show I'm playing...but I'm going to show you a few pics of where my littlest LOVES to play with his trains! On the window seat in our kitchen---NOT the train table we spent oodles on...the window seat! Go figure! Notice the Peter Pan dress up he is sporting today! (Hey...he's all boy and it's not like he's wearing tights to match, it's okay right? He's only 3!!)Also...Buzz Lightyear is zapping all the trains from the Island of Sodor! Buzz has his work cut out for him, cause this kid has A LOT of them :) Can't wait to read about everyone else's perfectly or imperfectly beautiful lives!

12 comments:

Darla said...

OOohhh I love that bench!

Tabitha said...

Those are some familiar scenes!!!! :) Looks like we're all living and enjoying life--that IS beautiful!!
-Tabitha

sara said...

I love toy-mess pictures! It means someone is having fun at your house! Cute!!!

The Nester said...

love the window seat and cushions! and fabric on the roman shades! oh, the trains and boy are adorable too!

thanks for posting!

Brian and Staci said...

DARLA--Thanks! It's one of my favorite places in this house! (When it's not covered with trains and Mr. and Baby Potato Heads!) (And even then, it's not soooo bad!) I tried stopping by your blog but was unable to link...bummer, I'll try again!
Proudgrits11--It is nice to know I'm not in this alone! Love seeing everyone's beautiful lives!Sara--Your house and your art rocks! You are having way more fun at your house than mine!
NESTER-- Thanks! I wish I would've known about your "mistreatments" about 4 years ago before plopping down about 3 thou for that window seat cushion and roman shades. (That price did include a valance that is pretty too, but, still????) Wouldn't spend that EVER again! But thanks!
Love seeing everyone's beautiful lives thanks to you!

Jennifer P. said...

I was too tired to track down the pictures of my trashed, uh--I mean "functionally beautiful" house last night--but I'll get in on it by Wednesday :).

Love that your kids run around in costumes and have a bajillion Thomas's. Now THAT'S real life!

Brian and Staci said...

JENNIFER P.--Can't wait to see your trashed, ahem---functionally beautiful pics! I know, I do have to say I love that Jake wants to dress up a million times a day! Except it is kind of gross to peel his sweaty little body out of his Buzz costume :/ (That's the closest thing to a tongue I could come up with...reallllly tired and we have to be a zoo camp tomorrow at 7:45! UGGGHHH) Connor never did that, so it's kinda fun. You are right...it's our life...and it definitely real!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

All of our kid stuff is in the basement. So we can close the door and pretend we live in a pristine house :-)

Brian and Staci said...

KAT-- YOU my dear are very smart :)

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

My little guy has his Lego's and Star Wars guys always lined up right in the front room. Always. I understand the window seat thing. It's great and they won't be this cute forever!

Nicole said...

My little boy would be sooooo jealous of all those Thomas Trains. I love your window seat, and the window treatments. Where did you find your little boys buzz lightyear costume?

Miss Lisa said...

I remember doing that with my Fisher Price People when I was little. I am sure Dino has done this one with his Cars--need to get my camera :)