Thursday, June 26, 2008

Faith, Trust, and a little Pixie Dust


It's going to take more than faith, trust and pixie dust to get this Peter Pan to use the big potty :( GROWWLLLL! Everyone...please say a prayer for me as I begin the endeavor (on Monday) to potty train this bull headed boy of mine! (This picture was taken two weeks ago when I was all set to go...too bad he wasn't!) He likes the thought of wearing his Thomas or Buzz underwear OVER his diaper! Big sigh...I'm sooo dreading this. Next week is the first week we don't have anything planned and I'm going to stay firmly planted at home and make him go every 5 minutes. When Connor and Brian have tried to "show" him what to do...he just looks at them and says, "Good job, Daddy!" Or, "Good job, Connor!" I'm so tired of buying diapers! I'll keep you all updated! If anyone has any great advice...PLEASE pass it along!
ON THE SIDE:
If Jennifer P. and The Nester are reading...don't look that my carpet pad is extending out past the rug! Or that the couch legs are not actually touching the rug...I know it should have a least one leg touching the rug...and it usually does, but I think I had already moved the couch back in place AT LEAST 5 times that day! (Wasn't thinking I was actually going to POST this picture for all designers to see!) Oh well, just keepin' it real!

7 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

You would think that potty training the second or the third would be easier than the first...but no. My oldest was easy. Gave her the bribe of getting her nails done...and she was quick. My second...well she did it once. And to her that was enough. I would ask her to go potty and she would just say "I already went." But, yeah, that was three months ago. Good luck...and I'll be thinking of you on Monday morning!

Brian and Staci said...

Kat--Thanks! I will need your thoughts! My first was no piece of cake...but he would at least TRY! Jake is not even interested! My husband says I am making a mistake by starting...he'll just decide to go when he wants to! WHAT??!! Well, sigh...whatever...I'm gonna give it a go any way!

Miss Lisa said...

I am the last one to ask on this. We started potty training Dino in January and he still wets his pants 2-3 times a day at home--in school, activities, etc. he stays dry as a bone so I am obviously doing something very wrong :(

Best of luck--I'll say a quick pray that he is a quick leaner!

Brian and Staci said...

Lisa- Thanks! I'm gonna need all the prayers I can get on this one! Bummer about Dino---I think they just know what "gets us"! I'm positive it's not you! I'll let you know if I have any world-shattering tips!

Jennifer P. said...

I didn't notice your rug pad at all until you said something--I was just thinking how cute your couch was :)! My couch usually has all the cushions and pillows pulled off it and formed into some crude fort--so I was thinking your house looked pretty immaculate :)!

WISH I could give you some advice on the potty training. It seriously took my 3 year old a YEAR to learn. SIGH! GOod luck to you! Worst case scenario: he's out of diapers before prom week....

Brian and Staci said...

Jennifer P.--Good to know I'm not the only one struggling with the potty training issues! Boys! You gotta love 'em! And speaking of pillows and forts...that made me laugh...no kidding...at LEAST 20 x's daily I am putting those pillows back into some nice arrangement...all to be thrust upon the floor to be made into a path or piled up on the couch for a fort five minutes later! Sigh! I don't know why I even bother sometimes! ah well! And your right...my husband keeps reminding me...he's not gonna go to school in diapers! I have to wonder sometimes :0

Pierce Family said...

Staci, I could have written this exact post. Owen has been able to go tinkle on the potty since before Christmas, now getting him to do it on his own or even want to is another story. I have no advice, just wanted to say I feel your pain!! If you do find a way that works, PLEASE let me know!