Sunday, July 27, 2008

Seriously


(These pictures have absolutely NOTHING to do with this post...I just love Jake's little reactions and expressions to seeing his first turtle. I was just looking around in some old photos and forgot about this!)

Okay, seriously ya'll...this week has gotten the better part of me. Throw in doctor's appnts, concerts, building a house...eeekkkk!!!! Decisions, decisions, decisions! Did I mention I am not good at making decisions?? So, sorry for the lame posts recently! (And it's still pretty hard to type with this cast on!)


In other sad news...I'm sure you all heard Randy Pausch died on Friday. If you do not know who this incredble man was..you should youtube The Last Lecture and listen to it. I wish I could link you right to it...but did you forget who's blog you are reading?? Anyway, please remember this precious family in your prayers.


In other fun news...The Amy Clan is getting a little pumped up for OU Football! Only 32 more days! It will still be so ridiculously hot those first 2 or 3 games but oh so worth it! Can you just hear that excitement in my typing?? In some polls, we have been ranked #2! I know, I know, it's preseason and all, but still! CANNOT WAIT!


Okay, so here's to hoping I have a better week at posting fun things! Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

10 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

Wow--polls are out?! So cute that you WANT to play Ohio State--heehee ;) Bring it on ;)

I love that lecture too. So sad--I will pray with you!

And the pics are adorable!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Turtles, life craziness, Randy Pausch, and football. Did I miss anything? I love this post! It reminds me of my life. Just so all over the place :-)

Brian and Staci said...

Lisa--we should put a friendly wager out there if we meet up in the bowl!! I'll have to see what your Buckeyes were ranked :) I know, that lecture puts EVERYTHING back into perspective on so man levels. Glad you are praying with me :)
Kat--I know! That's me...ALL OVER the place! Some how, when I read YOUR posts....they are not allll over like mine :) Some how, my life these days is just going in a million different directions and with one working arm ta boot! I'm very thankful though :)

Brian and Staci said...

Lisa--we should put a friendly wager out there if we meet up in the bowl!! I'll have to see what your Buckeyes were ranked :) I know, that lecture puts EVERYTHING back into perspective on so man levels. Glad you are praying with me :)
Kat--I know! That's me...ALL OVER the place! Some how, when I read YOUR posts....they are not allll over like mine :) Some how, my life these days is just going in a million different directions and with one working arm ta boot! I'm very thankful though :)

docsafi said...

Go Pokes!!!!!! Finally football time. As you can see even Cowboys get excited.

Brian and Staci said...

Ahhh, that's cute DocSafi!!! Even Pokes get excited too :) Actually, I've heard you've gotten some mighty impressive JUCO transfers...can't wait...I actually love it all...even the Pokes :)

Amanda said...

You've got a broken arm?? I hope it's better soon and you get you stookie off :)

Miss Lisa said...

Amy--that would rock to have an OU/OSU bowl although I am surrounded my Sooner fans ;)
Ohio State is 4 and 5 depending on the poll. I am really curious how Terrelle Pryor is going to pan out. I am worried his going to be another trouble maker and that would be a shame because beside having one of the best arms in this year's new class, he is also one of the fastest runners.
I'm also a bit nervous about the USC game. It's an away game too. And then there's the grossest school ever Michigan--blah blah-- must lysol my computer after typing such a foul word--yuck!

How is OU's schedule?

Brian and Staci said...

Amanda---yepper...broke it while cleaning the shower...oops! Can you household accident?! Never think it will happen to you! Just let your showers be dirty :) See, this is why we like you Scots! Stookie...that is funny...never heard of that before :) Love it! Thanks for the well wishes!
Lisa--Terrell Pryor...bummer, hope your gut is wrong about him. I just hate that when they've got it all but act plain stupid! To be honest...haven't seen our schedule in a few months. I am thinking it is not as tough as last year's if I remember correctly?? You might get lucky with USC this year...I think their scandals might catch up with them :) And Michigan...well, girl, I can feel the animosity right through this keyboard :) They've got a new coach right?! I love it that you are sooo loyal!!!

Jennifer P. said...

turtles in Oklahoma? I thought those only wandered around in Florida and Louisiana and other "marshy" places! What a cutie though (the kid, I mean--the turtle was just so-so :)!)