Monday, July 7, 2008

Our 4th













(Sorry about the jumbled up pictures...I've never claimed to be a great blogger :(

Well, I was looking at our pictures from the 4th...and well, since I was in charge of the pics...(usually Brian does all the picture taking) I'm struggling to find ones to post. I kinda started the day off being a little bit grumpy. I'll admit it. But I'm really glad I got over myself...because we ended up having one of the best 4th's yet! We started out pretty early to get to the parade. I have to boast a little...CNN called LibertyFest in Edmond one of the top parades in the country! WHAT? Our little Edmond?? Anyway, I hadn't been since I was probably, oh, 6??? It was fun, all the typical parade stuff ya know, bands, beauty queens and shriners...lots and lOTS of shriners! After that, we went home and Brian played with the boys while I slept off some of that grumpiness! I know, I am sooo bad! Anyway, here's where I think the fun began. For the last 3 years we've been going over to our neighbors ("neighbors" that are 20 acres away !), The Smith's. What fun we always have! They have a fabulous pool and this year we all went above and beyond on the fireworks! Connor said this was his favorite day of his life! We eat, swim, eat, swim, then spray lots of bugspray and watch our husbands try to put on a great fireworks display for the families! They outdid themselves this year and we give them a 20!!! 'Twas lots of fun...wish I had great pics to show you, but alas, I don't. You'll just have to believe me and keep me in your prayers for learning how to take better pictures!

7 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

Favorite day of his life--that is so cool :)

Your parade does look better than ours--it's basically pick-ups and people pelting everyone with candy from the truck beds; yee-haw.

Great pics!

The Safi's said...

After seeing that "pool", you see why Rick and I won't host any RedDirt events at our Southern Logan County holler! Good Lord, it looks like it gives Great Wolf Lodge a run for its money!

Brian and Staci said...

Lisa--it does make you feel pretty good when you know your child has had "the best day of his life"...only then, they compare every day from there on out to it! I can't keep that up :) Gotta learn there are special days! We left before the pelting began...I knew we'd be having cookies and ice cream later :)
Lezel--Whatever girl! Our pool won't look anything like that either my friend! We would have JUST as much fun at your "Southern Logan County holler!" I know this sounds lame, but really, it all just matters who it's with :) Definitely cheaper than Great Wolf...well, it was for us any way, we didn't pay for those boulders!

Anonymous said...

That pool is amazing and I think the pics are really good!

Thanks for entering the giveaway yesterday and stopping by my blog.

Hope you have a good one!

Emily said...

Your boys look cute in their stripes. I love stripes!

Glad you had a fun 4th!

Jennifer P. said...

That looks like such a GREAT parade!!!--I love all the red, white and blue action going on. I'm such a stinker when it comes to crowds and fighting them, that my poor children have gone parade-less for several years. Do you think I could sleep that off :)?!

Even jumbled up--I think your picture taking skills were mah-va-lous!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

We took the girls to a 4th of July parade a few years ago...and made them swear off parades forever. Why? Because the firetruck honked the horn. It was soooo loud. And they now think that there will be firetrucks and horns at every parade. Scarred for life!

(And that pool! Do you get to hang out there much?)