Thursday, September 4, 2008

UGGGHHH!!!

Chase the Rabbit...Chase the Rabbit...
HOLLLLD on to him...
Okay..I thought for sure I had a post titled this in the past...but I guess not! It seems I say this a lot :) Anyway...I've said this a million times...life sure does get in the way of bloggin'!
Today, when I picked Connor up from school he was so excited about learning how to tie his shoes!!! I mean, seriously, the child was asking what to do as I'm trying to get us SAFELY out of the parking lot! UGGGHH!! I'm trying not to be frustrated with him and politely say I'll show him how when we get home. After a big sigh...he's okay with it. Okay, so, we get home...backpack/lunchbox dropped right at the door of course....and attempt to learn how to tie shoelaces. Oh ya'll! It's soooo hard to try to tell AND show a 6 yr old how to do this thing I do everyday and have since I was probably in first grade! UGGHHH!! (AND remember my friends...I STILL have my cast on!) So, I resort to the internet. We look at pictures and I try to explain and he sits in my lap and we try to tie them together...you gettin' the picture?? I could have THROWN that shoe across the room! BUT, I didn't and I kept my composure because that was all he needed was to see me frustrated :) His little hands were a sweatin'! Finally, he looked up at me and said, "Can I just try this on my own somewhere else?" I said, "Sure...but just remember, it's gonna take A LOT of practice and patience, k?" "Okay Mommy." So, he goes into the living room...sits down and 2 seconds later...voila...HE DID IT!!! HE was proud! I was proud! He said, "Take a picture for our blog!" "I need to call Daddy and Mimi!" I was so proud of him...but mostly I was glad he figured out...because seriously, ya'll...I was having issues!
I gotta go now...Brian and Connor are having a little pizza night at school so that means it's just the Jakester and me...and, well, I feel a little guilty being on the computer :)

Have a good evening everyone...I mean, all my 5 readers!
Oh...before I go...can I just say...I'm not much into politics...but OH MY GOSH...Sara (sorry don't know if it's with an h or not!) Palin is SOMETHIN'!!! People...if you didn't hear her speak last night...you REALLY must youtube it something...because it's sooo worth it! Okay, that's all the politics from me :) Now, really...have a great evening!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Good for him! Explaining things that are second nature is not an easy task.

The Safi's said...

Oh, I left the whole shoe tying fiasco to Ariana's KinderClub teachers.....they definetly had more patience than me or Rick....hence why she learned to ride her bike without training wheels by herself....Parents of the Year!

Anonymous said...

great job!!!

CONFESSION:

Candy's 8 year old is still not confident with this. He STILL wears velcro Sketchers.

i know

i know...

Amanda said...

Way to go!!
My boys either prefer to wear velcro fastening shoes or they end up tucking the laces inside their trainers!
l,
Amanda x

Miss Lisa said...

That's so cute--I never thought to take pics of that...at least I have two more to teach ;)

Julie said...

HI and thanks for stopping by Hungary today! I loved your post. I am going to have to look on the internet to show my son I am sure as well. Wow!!! I have velcro on him now. The Hungarian kindergarten here has him changing his shoes about 5 times a day, so he is learning...

Unknown said...

I had the hardest time learning to tie my shoes.....as a matter of fact I have horrible memories of being late to school because my mom refused to show me any longer and I just couldnt get it....isnt it funny the things you remember?

So glad he caught on! This is one you can mark off the "to-do" list

WTG

Emily said...

Oh -- TYING SHOES, it's right up there with potty training.

Rela Pantaleon said...

hooray! a milestone! I would feel proud of this accomplishment as well!

Anyway, thanks for visiting Austin, TX last Wednesday. When you visit Austin, go to San Antonio as well if you have not been there yet. It's just one hour away...

I Love Purple More Than You said...

Thanks for visiting the other day via BATW! Good for your son with the shoes... though, do we really need to ever teach our kids how to tie their shoes? Isn't that what birkenstocks and velcro are for? :) (obviously my kids don't have any shoes with ties)

Jennifer P. said...

See--you say you have 5 readers, and you get more than double that amount of comments :)!

He's brilliant! We had to resort to velcro and slip ons---forever and ever!