Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Melt My Little Heart


So today, Connor came home from school and as I was unpacking his lunch...I always ask him what kind of sandwich he'd like for the next day. He's a simple guy...it's peanut butter (only...no jelly of any sort!) or it's ham and cheese. Anyway, he said, "Can you pack me a ham and cheese tomorrow so I can sit by Weston...he's allergic to peanuts and when I take a PB sandwich I can't sit at his table." AHHHHHH. I know...everybody say it together "ahhhhh!" It truly did make my heart melt a little bit...HE CARES! HE REALLY CARES!!! (Some days, I wonder! For the most part...he REALLY is a kind kiddo but some days, whew...!) Anyway, I just thought you'd all like to share in that little moment with me :) Now, I just have to remember to pack a ham and cheese tomorrow :) I think I can handle it! Now, we're off to play a little Shrek Checkers! woo hoo!

13 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Give you such a lift as a mom. To know that you are raising them to have such empathy for others.

Don't forget to send me that swap questionnaire!

Emily said...

Awwwwwwwwwww, that is so sweet.

That picture is cute too!

Miss Lisa said...

What a sweetie and such a good friend!

He cares because you showed him how :)

Amanda said...

What a little sweetie! Your doing a great job raising your little ones. I would like to think that my boys would do the same thing.
That's a big fish that Connor has caught ~ my eldest likes to go fishing with his Grandpa.
Hugs!
l,
Amanda x

Unknown said...

how sweet is he! Doncha just love it when you get one of those AH haaaaa moments and everything is right in the world

Ronnica said...

Awww, that's sweet. I didn't have one friend growing up who was allergic to anything, but nowadays there are usually one or two in a class that are severely allergic to something or another. Something's definitely going wrong (but I suppose that's a discussion for another day).

Boomer Sooner! You bet I went to OU! I've never actually met any other Sooners online that I didn't already know.

Amanda said...

Oh, Staci ~ you have been Tagged. If you want to take part the rules are on my blog!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

What a thoughtful son you have. I too have a plain PB kid. I am so surprised by the amount of kids with peanut allergies, so sad too.

I wanted to thank you for stopping by on the layover at BATW. I really liked your comments.

Debbie said...

That really is sweet! This whole peanut butter allergy thing mystifies me in that we never had this much stuff to worry about when we were kids. I know my daughter has a friend that is deathly allergic so I've had to be careful whenever she comes over to make sure I NEVER serve her with anything nutty. Scarey!

Anyway, wanna be the BATW Oklahoma hostess next Wednesday? Click on my profile and shoot me an email for the details!

Lauren W said...

That is really cool :)
Such a sweet kid! I love it!

Tracy P. said...

That is SO sweet! My daughter is allergic to cashews and pistachios--they offered us the nut-free table, and we decided to take our chances. I'm so thankful it's not peanuts. Bless little Connor's heart.

Leslie said...

That is incredibly sweet. That melts my heart too. Go hug that little guy will ya??

Bramblemoon Farm said...

That is so great:) It shows what a great mom you are too, because someone, and that would be you and his dad, taught him to be that way.