Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WOO HOO!!!!

So...I only a have second...REALLY! We have guests coming over in 4 hours, I have to pick up Connor, exercise (yes, I know I am posting and I haven't done that yet...UGHH!), haircuts for the boys and prepare dinner! BUT...I had to share my good news with all my friends...because you are ya know! I GOT MY CAST OFF TODAY!!! WOO HOO! After almost TEN weeks...I am footloose and cast free :) My stinky arm is lovin' life! One last thing...kinda sad...as I was sitting in my ortho doctor's office this morning (for 2 hours--ugghh!), a man was called up to the reception desk because she needed his person to contact in case of emergency. His reply, "I don't have one." WHAT!!!!??? I think my jaw is still agape. Are you feeling as sad as I was? I know you all are...because I know you all sooo well :) At least my computer and I think I do :) Anyway...I wanted to rush right up there and say, "ME, ME...just put me!" But, I didn't. Apparently, he'd just moved here from Kentucky...yes..I was eaves dropping...but I had to know...and you know...you would've been trying to listen too :) I guess his family will be moving here some time?? You know what I told this man...seriously...are you ready? After he claimed the only seat empty...happened to be by me...I said, "You know...if you have a computer...blogging is great!" And then, the nurse called my name...and he said, "Thank you!" I hope he remembers my name and googles me! Then he'll be linked to so many great people :) THAT'S ALL YOU GUYS!!!
Okay...gotta run...WITHOUT MY CAST!!!! (Only left with a scar...on my right wrist...that looks like a poor attempt at suicide :(

8 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

Yah!!!
No more cast!

Heathahlee said...

Thank you for your comment on my BATW post! Yes, it is funny how we remember the craziest things. Like, I remember driving through OK on the way home from AZ with my youth group and a storm was brewing. We were able to find a hotel (instead of the KOA campground we were going to pitch tents at!) and several of us were standing on the balcony when a bolt of lightning struck only 50 yards away! The sounded like an explosion! I haven't seen or heard lightning and thunder like that since then. That's what I remember about Oklahoma! : )

And I'm glad you got your cast off! I've only had a cast once in my life, and that was for only two weeks! I can't imagine for 10!

Unknown said...

YAY the cast is gone!
That story about the gentleman in the dr office was well yes I just wanted to scoop him up and help him...

Pierce Family said...

Yeah, congrats. It's been a long road, glad you've made it to the end!

Amanda said...

I'm so happy you got the stookie off! Don't do to much with your wrist too quickly.
As i'm a nurse ~ my orders are for hubby to do ALL the housework, for at least forever!!
l,
Amanda x

Stephanie said...

thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I am so glad that you are a free woman now! And the guy at the doctors - sometimes I just don't know when to say something to someone or when to just keep my mouth shut. But not having anyone - I can't imagaine...

Jennifer P. said...

So happy you are cast-less my friend! That was a long heal!

Poor no emergency contact guy. I would have felt the same way you did! DOn't you ever feel like a drug dealer when you tell someone about blogging though? Man!--the guilt I had when I turned my own child on to this time consuming lump of deliciousness..... :)