Monday, August 18, 2008

A Wee Bit of Water Fun

(Connor DID have a shirt on...it got soaked...imagine that...and he said "it was holding him back" ????)
You probably can't see...but Jake has one eye closed for better aim...and I'm saying to him..."You SUUUURRRE you want to get Mommy??"

(What? you don't think navy blue damask goes in the entry? Rest assured...their home is on the front porch....I just didn't want them soaked :)


Brian sure doesn't look as wet as the rest of us huh? Although it does appear someone pelted him pretty good on the leg there!



Sooo, I'm PRIT-TY sure this is not the evening we had planned...but I can't imagine anything more fun!





It had been drizzly all day here. Which was not a problem for two boys. We enjoyed the rain... alot! It wasn't until Brian got home that things really got started! The boys wanted to wash the golf cart ( which by the way...needed it desperately!) But some how...it turned in to water gun fights in the rain :) Notice I was armed with the best artillery of all...the hose. UNTIL...the cheap thing got kinked up and totally wouldn't hand out the ammunition at much needed times :) ahh well. It was all good. Of course, afterwards...was a little flyin fun! Towels + Boy+ stained concrete = ONE TERRIFIED MOMMY! It too was all good. Anyway...my whole point of this post was this...Connor really needed to be in bed because we have been trying to re-in-state the back to school bedtime routine...(he starts Wednesday!) by 8:00 this evening. It didn't happen...but he couldn't stop talking about how much fun that was! I'm also pritty sure that my doctor wouldn't approve of my cast getting soaked either :o...ah well! It's all good :)
(Uncle Scott...if you are lurking...Connor said, "it would've been better if Steven and Jennifer could've been there!" Ahhhh :)

8 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

What are you wearing?! You look decked out for winter. While the rest of your family is in various states of undress :-)

And, unfortunatley, I cannot attack my children with water. It's all banned here due to the drought. Thank goodness they let the pools open this summer...

Brian and Staci said...

It's just a raincoat...and crocks...I know, I felt a little overdressed...They did START out with raincoats on...but that didn't last long. I went into it thinking...I am NOT getting m hair wet...WHAT was I thinking? Bummer for the drought...we are on a well...so we get to use all the water we want. If you were closer...I'd share :)

Amanda said...

Water fights are such fun!
It will be a day that the boys will remember :)
Next time put a plastic bag over your stookie to keep it dry!

Brian and Staci said...

You are right...they...or at least Connor will remember it :) It was worth getting the stookie wet :) I just gave it a good little blow dry with the hair dryer and good as new!

Jennifer P. said...

I was thinking the same thing as Kat....why is she wearing a coat in the summer :)?! Now I see your answer....good thinking with the raincoat!

Those are the sweet memories that mean more to kids than a hundred trips to Disneyland. Good mom and dad :)!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had one of those days that the memories will last forever! Some of my favorite are with Jennifer and Steven right there :)

Brian and Staci said...

Jennifer P.-- I know it looks a little strange...a raincoat in OK in August for goodness sakes?? It was actually chilly! Our highs have been in the high 70's and we've had the rainiest August to date. YEAH! I love it! Ya know boys though...they don't mind being cold :)
Uncle Scot--Yep...hide 'n' seek...Connor STLL talks about that! We sure missed them this Summer :( Maybe Fall Break?

Miss Lisa said...

Oh you're making fun memories for them :)

I hope the first day of school went well!