Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bummer :(

Ohhhhh...here are the cushions...piled up nicely on the chair...that I'm sure someone was sitting on the tip top being a king or something. Sorry everyone...this pic was supposed to be AFTER the next one...so read on and you'll understand! Ya know...it's your daily dose of Staci...isn't she cute.... at least she's TRYIN' to blog! Some day I'll read about how to actually post pictures in a correct order!!!
(I don't have a head injury too...this picture just shows how sad I am to be wearing my cast for FOUR more weeks! This picture was taken back in January...our x-mas tree was still up...I know this b/c of the furniture arrangement!--like you really care about that :) Connor had gotten a medical kit and was wrapping everybody's body parts up! Jennifer P.--notice NO cushions on my couch either...in fact...wonder where they are period ?? Who knows!)

Okay, seriously ya'll...I am such a loser at this bloggin thing. I get so wrapped up in commenting and reading that I kinda forget about my own blog :O No, I really don't forget...I just need to figure out how to actually do it and do it well!! Anyway, I know, once again you are tired of the last post...so here is a feeble attempt to put something up that's new.


Went to my doctor today to have a little looksie at my wrist...oh yea...did ya'll forget?? Well...in case you did...yes I DO still have my cast on...and the BUMMER part is...looks like I'll have it on for another FOUR weeks! Yessiree...that 's FOUR more weeks. Turns out, that the fracture was, according to my doc, "a fracture that a 70 year old woman would have." HUH? I'm only 36. Anyhow, he requested a bone density test and I am in the moderate risk category of another fracture. I know...I should've listened to my grandmother and drank my milk. Ugghh. Oh well, I guess it's better to find all this out now than when I'm 50. So everyone...take your 1000mg of calcium daily in divided doses and 400 IU vitamin D and regular weight bearing exercise, so you won't be osteopenic like mwa (or however you spell that would for me)!

U-S-A...U-S-A !!!! I'm chanting because I love our swim team :)

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Sorry you still have the cast on and that your arm has still not healed, you will have a nice white arm when the cast comes off though!!
I hope it heals soon.
love,
Amanda x

Emily said...

Sorry to hear that you have to wear it for 4 MORE WEEKS! Yikes. How do you take a shower?!

Brian and Staci said...

Amanda--thanks...better to wait though...don't want it to be taken off too early if it's not ready...even if I am! I will have a nice, SKINNY arm once it comes off...Thanks again!
Emily--I know...bummer...taking a shower is definitely NO fun! I've gotten pretty good at it actually...now...giving the boys THEIR showers is the hardest part...luckily...Brian has been doing that :)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

You are too funny about not figuring out your blog! You need a fairy blogmother of sorts. Someone to hold your hand and stand over your shoulder. OR someone on the phone with you - at the same time you are trying to get pictures in the post. To tell you what to do to move them around.

Ummm...if you go to my profile, there is a button there to email me...and I'd be happy to help next time :-)

Brian and Staci said...

Kat you are very sweet...you don't know what you are getting yourself into my friend :) We have some family coming in to town for a few days and after they leave...maybe I'll get up enough nerve to email ya! Thanks soooo much!

Jennifer P. said...

Poor old lady bones! I'm so sorry you have to keep that thing on another 4 weeks! Looks like you're getting lots of love though :).

Do you live in a castle or what? I LOVE the little arch action I'm seeing going on behind you. And your couch looks cute even sans cushions.

Once you learn about "tags" in the html, moving photos is a snap. I think if you go to the help section of blogger, it'll teach you all about how to do it!

Have a great weekend---cast and all!

Brian and Staci said...

Jennifer P.--it's funny you say that about castles...yes, this house does have features of a castle...but our new house we are in the process of building is as close to a castle as one can build here in OK! I've been debating on whether to post a picture but I might just do it for you. If you want to "vacation" in a castle in OKlahoma...in, oh, about March...I'd love for you to be the first guest! We won't even pour oil on you or anything :) We are a nice king and queen :) Thanks for the well wishes and I'm hoping once school gets going..I'll have some time to read about Blogger!!!

Jennifer P. said...

Who knows! I may just hop into my horse-drawn carriage and arrive at your drawbridge in the Spring :)!

Brian and Staci said...

OHHHH!!! I'd love it! You and your sweet boys are welcome any time ;)

Miss Lisa said...

You look sos cute--your house is so pretty too :)
I hope that cast comes off soon--does it itch like crazy?!