Friday, August 22, 2008

Mom of the Year?

Haley and Connor deciding what ingredient to add first!

Connor "gettin down to the knitty gritty! Being ever so precise with the measuring of the sage :)
Oh yea baby---we are cookin' now! Mix it Haley! (pssst...Amanda...you can barely see my WoodWick caramel candle to the right...see it!)


Um, yea, now see why I deserve Mom of the Year??? Okay, really it wasn't that bad. They TRULY thought we'd eat it or at least TRY it...THAT was the funny part!

Okay...so I canNOT leave the battle with the eggs post up all weekend. So, nothing spectacular...but it's something different to look at!

Back in July, Connor had a little friend over after Zoo Camp. They wanted to "play in the kitchen" so badly and I actually let them...can't believe it, but I did. I generally don't like messes...especially in the kitchen but I'm learning to ease up! (Thanks to a lot of you guys!) So I had some spices that were soooo out of date that I just let them mix and measure and stir to their little hearts content! They had THE best time. Here are some pictures of that day I so fondly remember...because I was taking deep breaths and telling myself it'll all be okay and clean in no time! (For all of you who know me soo well and know that I have NO computer skills...I had been looking for these pictures since July on the computer...it was one of my first attempts to transfer them from the camera to the computer ALL by my lonesome. Welp...hubby just found them last night under My Documents somewhere. Sigh. Last night I actually WROTE down the little tutorial...mainly because I don't think he'll show me again :) ....so, we'll see how I do!) Hope you all have a great weekend with your families! Hey...tell me if you would...do you get all stressed out when the kids "mess up" the kitchen when you are trying to cook??

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE cooking with my beans-yanno I have them help me cut up the yung-yins(onions) LOL cute cute pics!

I left you a lil something on my blog

Amanda said...

Yes!!! I see it! And you have the large ww
candle and i don't ~ that's not fair :( ha-ha!
I just love those candles :)
The kids looked like they had a great time.
l,
Amanda x

CaraBee said...

First off, I love the tile and brickwork in your kitchen. Not to mention the marble. It is all gorgeous! If my kitchen looked like that I would probably only let people come to the doorway to admire it.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I love your kitchen. I thought I loved my kitchen. Until I saw yours. Love the brick. And the alcove.

And, I still haven't gotten an email from you. I really am happy to walk you through the picture thing. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't know how to download my pictures from my camera or how to use the scanner until I started blogging...

Brian and Staci said...

Georgie---I just need to chill out huh? Oh gosh...kids, knives...you are one brave momma! I just stopped by your blog---muchas smuchas for the award! I'll do my best to get it on my sidebar---but I'm not promisin' anything! Thanks sooo much!
Amanda--Oh...if I knew your address...and your birthday, I'd send you a big one :) It was so worth the mess...they did have a GREAT time :)
Carabee--Thanks for stopping by! Gosh...thanks for all the comments on the kitchen...it is one of my favorite places in our home. The cooktop IS a little hard to keep clean...yea...that's why I'm so over the top with the whole clean kitchen thing! I'm off to visit your blog :) Nice to meet ya!
Kat--Thanks, Thanks about the kitchen comments too! I do love our kitchen...it makes me very happy :) I've seen your's...it's so great too and waaayy cleaner than mine :) I tried to click on your email button on your profile page and it gave me an error thingy?? I'll see if hubby can figure it out...I'm sure I'm doin somethin' stupid! Kat...you are too sweet...makin' me feel like I'm not a loser :) Thanks! (It actually does really help to know that you didn't know how until you started bloggin! :)

Miss Lisa said...

My girls have made some pretty 'unique' meals too--since they are older they have to help clean up. I actually like my oldest helping me (she can cut) but my younger ones get a little eager and its hard not to get upset when you have to do something like scoop yolk out of egg whites while they keep trying to turn on the mixer :)
Your kitchen is so beautiful--I think I would live in there ;)

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Wow - I loved the egg tips! 30 acres of easy living - Love it! I, too, love your brickwork, including around the doorway of your family room (??) - there with your head covered in a bandage!

Thanks for stopping by Missouri yesterday!

Jennifer P. said...

My brother and I use to do this ALL THE TIME---but not with permission, and I'm sure not with outdated stuff either. We'd call them our "potions" :)

You are a good mom! Maybe you should be given your own Food Network show: Cooking in the Castle ;)!

Brian and Staci said...

Lisa--Thanks! I do love our kitchen...I know EXACTLY what your talking about with the egg yolks and whites!!! Ah well..they do love to "help!" I guess it just makes us more patient :)
Karin--Thanks for stopping by! Your family is just incredible! Glad you came over on a day where there were soo many great tips! Thanks also for the compliments on the brickwork...yes there is an arch that is stone and brick going from the family room into the entry/hallway and it is one of my favorite places as well! We do enjoy all the "space" outdoors!
Jennifer P.--Hey---Connor makes "potions" too....only his are with water and food color in old water bottles OUTSIDE !!!! You and your brother...I'm so glad you made it to adulthood :) Hmmm, Cooking in the Castle...has a very nice ring to it :) Maybe I'll just call Bob from The Food Network's Next star show and have a little chat :)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.