Friday, December 12, 2008

BIG NIGHT!

Okay, this picture has NOTHING to do with this post...I was just looking through some old pictures from last year's New Year's Eve Bash at our house and thought it was funny. Hey Missy and Lezel (if you are reading) hope you don't mind me posting the pic! What I think is so funny about it is...1) Missy and Rick are in deep conversation, 2) Evan is on an ambush mission with his camo hat and gun, 3) Reid,whom you can barely, is trying to get that blue remote control car to work, 4) I look like I'm picking my nose???? and waiting patiently for my turn in Wii bowling, 5) ROBIN is SUPER SERIOUS about his turn in the Wii bowling match!!! What else is so funny is that you can tell the adults wanted to play the Wii so bad that we let the kids do and play with whatever! Hence, the traintracks, the remote control, etc...they still wanted to be by us! Ahhh! It was a fun night!

Well, again...my apologies for you having to look at my torn boxes for over a week :(


I'm so excited! We are taking the boys down to my Mom's for a sleepover tonight!!! We are headed out to a little Christmas party. It's actually a really big party. Every year the main group of oral surgeons throw this huge party for their referring doctors. It's one of my favorite parties because I get to see a lot of doctors and hygienists I used to work with or see at meetings. So, it kinda keeps me connected and reminds me that I did once know how to clean teeth! I know, don't hate me. I was super gentle...you would've like me :) Anyway, they are having it at the newly refurbished Skirvin Hotel downtown OKC. We've been in there one time since the renovations and it is beautiful. I'll try to get pictures! But no promises...I'm sure I'll be talking and forget! Which reminds me of what this post was going to be about...Brian and I are thinking about saying "hey" to the people at the party and then going to do a little last minute shopping, movie and out to eat!!! Is that bad?? Oh well if it is. We rarely miss that party...no one will miss us after 5 minutes any way!


Lisa...what ARE we going to do without college football this weekend???? Oh yea, the Heisman Trophy is being issued on Saturday night...which, by the way, SAM BRADFORD BETTER WIN!!!!!!!!! But still, not the same, sigh.



(We just put our house up for sale....I'm scared!)


Hope everyone has a great weekend!

8 comments:

The Safi's said...

We've decided to do date night instead too! I just don't have it in me this year and I never did find anything "Great Gatsby" for Rick to wear...oh well! Are we going to do New Year's again this year? I would be willing to host!? Ask Missy and Brian to see if you guys would mind slumming it at our meager digs in Southern Logan County?!!! And let me know!

Mike Tobin said...

What a cute pic--never thought you were a nose picker :p lol

I hope you have lots of fun tonight :)

Christmas always seems to help the loss of CF--how about you?

Miss Lisa said...

That was my husband's account. He left his PC at work and just had to use my Mac ;)

Amanda said...

That's a great action picture to say the least!
But I hope you didn't eat what you picked (yuck) LOL!!!
I hope you had a fun time at the party ~ good luck, i hope you get your house sold quickly.
Love,
Amanda x

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

We did not go to Michael's Christmas party this year...Katie had a choir concert that night. But when we do go...we stay for a bit...and then have a date night. Hope you guys had a great time!

Jennifer P. said...

I LOVED that picture! I would have just laughed at the bowling guy had you not pointed out all the other hilarious stuff in it!

House up for sale?! Ooooh! Got my fingers crossed for you!

Finally, when I went to the dentist last Monday--he actually gave me a face/neck massage when he was done poking at me and we were waiting for the dentist to come. It was a bit weird, but enjoyable at the same time. I kept thinking I should have given him a tip or something...? And wondered "do they teach you stuff like this in Hygienist school? Maybe I should ask Staci...?" :)

Jennifer P. said...

must also point out that my hygienist is not a weird-o. I didn't feel "taken advantage" of or anything! Maybe I should have...!

Jennifer P. said...

oh--he did the tumor check....then went right on massaging! Like at least 5 minutes worth!