Sunday, October 5, 2008

TAGGED (and I'm JUST now doing it!)

Okay, so my friend, Amanda from Pennies and Pounds, tagged me...oh, about 2 weeks ago. (She's from SCOTLAND PEOPLE...go check her out! ) I'm JUST getting around to doing it, so sorry Amanda :) You're supposed to list 6 quirky things about your yourself. I'm so terrible about coming up with things, but here goes:

1) I cannot just brush my teeth. I have to floss first and then brush...morning, lunch and before bedtime! (I WAS a former dental hygienist ya know!) Brian and I always get into the discussion of whether it's better to floss and then brush or brush and then floss??? I say...either way...as long as you are flossing :) BUT, I think I'm right, floss first :)

2) Okay, this next one is going to be hard to follow, so bare with me, k? I have three separate towels in my kitchen. ONE for drying your hands. ONE for laying out on the counter for dishes to go on and the last one for DRYING the dishes....although, if it is too wet, I use paper towel. I have to give everyone specific directions as to which is which and it drives Brian CRAZY :) Good thing he loves me :) (I really don't give everyone directions...I just slack off when visitors come...but know this...I am washing them all once everyone leaves!)

3) Now that I'm typing this...I think you all might be rethinking being my bloggy friend....I'm kinda weird about my kitchen I guess. I do not use wash cloths...I use sponges. Certain sponges have certain "duties". The two that are in my little holder by my sink are the ones I WASH dishes with ONLY!!!! And they are put into the dishwasher EVERY time I run the dishwasher. The two sponges that are in the pullout under my sink..they are the ones that are used to CLEAN the sink...and they are put in the dishwasher on a different rack....so as not to be confused with the others!

(Are you still with me? Or are you calling the nearest insane asylum in OK to commit me?)

4) We keep most of our shoes in the utility room. I really don't like shoes on in the house. My boys are pretty diligent about doing this. But here is the kicker...and in my denfense...here in Oklahoma, we have RED mud, RED dirt, I am constantly rinsing off shoes in the sink because they get very gross. Brian says I'm doing my part in making sure the Earth doesn't get dirty. He always asks, "now tell me again WHY you are making sure their shoes are clean before they go outside???" I know, it sounds a little crazy, hate me! (It's really more personal...I just don't want to take any chances of them forgetting to take their shoes off and then spreading dirt or mud throughout the house! )

5) I really don't like milk...I never have. I drink water with chocolate chip cookies.

6) This one...goes waaay back. So I'm gonna tell the story so you'll understand. When Brian and I were just dating we were driving through Dairy Queen for some lunch. I told him I'd like a hot dog.....without the wiennie. Yeah, ???????WHAT!!!! I know, that's what I got from him and this puzzled look on his face! I remember him saying, "I don't think I can order that!??!" But, he did because he really loved me! But after that...he said, "Okay, from now on, we'll order it with the wiennie and you can take if off and I'll just eat it...because that's just weird!"

Okay, soooo there you have 6 quirky things. I hope you all still love me! I'm sure that you all wanted to know those things and will have a fuller life because of my quirks!

18 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

I am so with you on the flossing thing--I even have floss in my car :)
The other stuff just makes you you!

Have a great day!

Julie said...

I live in Europe and we always take our shoes off, so I totally understand. Whenever we go back to the states, I always do when we enter a house and everyone thinks we are weird and i feel awkward wearing shoes inside, if people insist!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

That is some list of quirks.

I don't like sponges. We use handiwipes. And I am constantly throwing them away. And I don't have towels for seperate things - but I am constantly throwing them in the laundry.

I do wear shoes in the house. Because I have to. I have horrid heel spurs and my podiatrist says it's bad for your feet to not have the support of shoes. I have mine on all the time. Even right now sitting here at my desk. So...when I come over, can I wear shoes in your house? ;-)

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

I always floss, I do it before I brush my teeth, rinse, brush and rince again. I know kind of crazy but when I had my braces a couple of years ago I wanted to make sure between all those wires it was clean and it just stuck. I'm always cleaning -- I'm like you very funny about the kitchen and bathroom. I am one of those people that hate germ -- I always have wipes are hand stuff every where I go. Well anyway thanks for sharing -- Much Love

Anissa

Anonymous said...

ummmm wow.... I can't believe I've been wearing my shoes in the house, never again! In fact I don't think I'll ever come near the kitchen sink either (with or without shoes!)

Unknown said...

I feel the same abou many of your 'quirks' Even the kitchen towel...you can't use the same towels on your hands as you so the dishes! I have friends over this past weekend, and one strted drying dishes with the wrong towel and almost broke the dish she had in her hand because I freaked her out when I yelled STOP! lol!
Flossing is a moral imperative, though I was never consistent...My hygienist suggested a couple alternatives like stimudents, but I dont like wood picks - they are to much of a man product, but they do work well; I do like bryton pick if you have ever tryed that -its new or even brushpick when I can't find anything else...I think using all those keeps me out of dental trouble! Thanks for your great blog!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how many mistakes I made in my comment...I am sorry readers! Guess I didnt proof read, I was to excited!

Ronnica said...

I don't like having shoes on in the house either, but I don't care what others do. But then, I don't have guys walking around making my carpet muddy!

How excited are you for Saturday? It'll be the first OU game that I'll actually get to watch (I don't have cable), so I'm PUMPED! Boomer Sooner!

Brian and Staci said...

Uncle Scott---I'm not so crazy about OTHERS wearing shoes...I don't make guests take them off...just my kids and your brother because they are messy little fellows! Not like you :) And just to make you feel better...and at ease...you always seem to get the towel right...NOT that I've been watching or anything :) hee hee! We need some more brush for the big bonfire...know anybody who likes to brushhog?? lol Have a great week!

Jamie Lynn--Hi!!! Thanks for the sweet comments about my blog:) Blogger will not let me link to your blog...I'll keep trying but I hope you read this!!! It's always good to know that there are more quirkies out there like myself !!! Keep up the good oral hygiene..whatever you are using sounds like you are doing great! I say...whatever works best for YOU!!! (PS...I always have typos when I comment :) You are always welcome!)

Amanda said...

I love your answers, it's these quirks that make you you!
I don't drink milk either ~ hate the stuff!
Yep, shoes come of before walking through our house too. But our mud is brown :D
hugs
Amanda x
( thanks for doing the tag! )

illahee said...

thanks for visiting my blog via BATW!!

Ronnica said...

Here I am excited that I actually get to watch our Sooners and root for them from my couch, and you get to GO! How cool! I really wish I had taken the opportunity to go to the OU/Texas game my sophomore year, but I thought "there's always next year." Turns out the next years I had to work...

If I could give you my voice so that you could scream for both of us, I would!

Jennifer P. said...

I was all good with you on the quirks (my kitchen ones are very similar....), then we got to the no milk thing---and now I"m calling the asylum :)! Cookies and water? BLuck :P .

We'll love you through it!

Unknown said...

It would only make sense to me to floss first, to loosen the gunk, and then brush it away... RIGHT?

I'm a little weirded out by the chocolate chips & water, but I probably do things that would weird you out and so... I'm cool with it.

I'm not sure how I got to your blog but i did and I like it.. so.. there!

Michelle said...

Water with chocolate chip cookies? Are you human??

Thanks for stopping by on your BATW layover!

Becky W said...

thanks for visiting the other day on my BATW day!! I hope things are going well. I love your quirks. I wish I could meet you face to face - you are so funny!

Pierce Family said...

You crack me up! I also have a battle about kitchen towels! Have fun on Saturday, go OKLAHOMA!!! I remember the red dirt, it was one of the first things Tim and I noticed upon driving into OK.

Shannon said...

I don't like milk, either. Never have. BLECH :P

And I have a friend who is a vegetarian... she'll order a cheeseburger... without the burger. It always makes the waiter pause for a moment!


Thanks for visiting me via BATW... so glad you enjoyed my little tour of TN :)