Sunday, October 12, 2008

OUCH!!!!! (In more ways than one!)


Soooo, made a little trip down South for the OU-TX game yesterday. We left at 5:00 in the morning. We were sooo pumped! We had our OU CD blaring while we were stuck in traffic. It was fun! (No kids. So we could blast the radio!) Let's fast forward a little because I'm really tired. We get to the stadium...and yep, Brian was right...our seats were smack dab in the middle of the Longhorns. You see, they renovated The Cotton Bowl stadium and in doing so...they put up a new scoreboard in the OU section. Which took away seats. So, to not be unfair, they gave us those seats...ON THE LONGHORN SIDE! HELLOOOO!! So, if you saw the game...and if you saw the 20 rows of red in the sea of orange...that's where we were! I will admit, it wasn't horrible. I think both OU and Texas fans knew going in to this game it could go either way, so the majority of people were playing it pretty cool. There were some idiotic fans---BOTH sides. Really, just cheer for your team people! Rewind a minute...when we got out of the car...I decided to leave my purse there WHICH HAD THE SUNSCREEN IN IT! OUCH! I am soooo sore! It's the worst burn I think I've ever had??!! I look like a very irresponsible person. I'm ususally super good about those things. I guess I was caught up in the whole Texas Fair/OU-TX game/no kids/got up at 4:15 thing and lost my mind for a minute. To top it all off...my Sooners lost :( It was still a very fun day and there's always next year! So, just thought I'd share with you a little picture...it's not so good, just so you'd truly see how red I am. Truly the picture does NOT do the burn justice. I'm more like a burgundy color. I'm sure it will blister and peel and be all gross for our trip to Costa Rica in few days :( Ah well. So, I'm off to slather a little more aloe vera on before heading to bed. Hope everyone had a great weekend---even if their team lost. But, how bout those Pokes?!!? I know the Safi's are excited :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

so KEWL that you got to go to THE GAME!!!!

(i won't mention the orange horns....ahem.....i mean.....the school that my siblings are all alumni from...;-)

sorry about your burn.

OUCHIEEE!!!!

Unknown said...

OUCHY is right-we would have LOVED to have gone to the game but middle bean got drew into a youth hunt in cookson hills and jilljillbobill came to town so i got to spend the weekend with her-I was with ya in spirit only diff is i didnt forget my sunscreen LOL

Amanda said...

Ouch Staci! I can almost feel the heat coming of that sunburn!
I'm sorry your team lost :(
If it's any consolation, our national football team always loses!!
Maybe next time!!!! tee-hee!
l,
Amanda x

Miss Lisa said...

Ouch again!

I hope the burns peels quickly and leaves you with a nice base for Costa Rica :)

I tried to look for you but I kept looking at the OU side--sorry you got stuck with the Longhorns (how many times did ya hear 'hook 'em horns' ;) )

It's funny Saturday was so nice--we were outside for a few hours and I didn't even think of sunscreen. That Texas sun is tricky ;)

The Safi's said...

oh sister, that looks painful with a capital pain! Yes we are pumped about our Pokes, you know this doesn't happen fir our boys. So we live it up while the gettin's good!!! PS-would it be possible for me to stow away in your luggage to costa rica? I promise you won't even know I'm there??!! When are the Safi's and Amy's adults only doing a trip?

Ronnica said...

First you get to go to OU/Texas and then you get to go to Costa Rica? Not fair!

That's weird how they made up for the new scoreboard! Though we lost, I'm glad that we played well, at least. Thanks for yelling for me! And that sunburn...OUCH!!!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Ouch is an understatment! When I was a teenager we spent a week in St. Augustine. And I wanted a tan. So I wore no sun screen. And hung out on the beach all day. All day. My burn was so bad I was light headed. And couldn't move. And when it peeled, my skin split. It was disgusting. I still have a scar.

I hope yours is not as bad. Lather on that aloe.

And I want to stow away on your Costa Rica trip!

Ronnica said...

I'd rather watch us lose then not watch us win. Is that selfish? Don't worry though, I'll be able to at least watch the OSU game, the Big XII championship game (if we get in!), and our bowl game, so chances are ONE of those will be a win. Actually, given our history, that's kinda up in the air...

Jennifer P. said...

I am so sorry the Sooners lost!

:( I was feeling the loss with you.

But now I'm laughing because you remind me of a really unfortunate stripper in your picture---must be the ripped shirt :)! hahahahaha!

Here's hoping it fades to a nice tan!

Becky W said...

Bless your heart - more ways than one!! I did not get to see the game as I was traveling, but I kept calling DH. I think everytime I called someone else was ahead!! He was excited though! Enjoy your trip!

Pierce Family said...

oooohhhh, that is a bad burn. Sorry :( about the loss too. Have fun in Costa Rica, I am jealous.