Monday, March 23, 2009

Lighting and Carpet and Knobs---OH MY!

HAPPY 4th BD JAKE!!!

Wow! Has it really been 18 days since my last post??? And since my Naughty Puppy has reared his cute little face??? Say it ain't so?!!


Well, nothing really new...except March is a pretty busy month with my birthday (WORST day I can remember having in a very long time! I KNOW! AND it ended with me spilling ICE COLD WATER all down my pants while sitting in the car! Um, yea, it was ugly ya'll! U-G-L-Y!) and Jake's birthday :) I guess I should've blogged about that huh? Still building this house :( Painters chose a satin finish on some of the walls instead of flat...so THAT was interesting :( All was rectified and I brought a peace offering of Miniature Cadbury eggs to my painters. Yea, if you've never tried them...seriously, run right out, right now and buy 4 packages...cause you'll be sad if you only buy one :) They are not the ones that are filled with that filling...they are just chocolate...and they are just soooo good :) I know this is such a lame post...but really it's just a lot of Star Wars and finalizing house decisions around here right now. I'm just ready to move. I know it will be here all too soon...and I'll be stressed about that too...


Oh! This is pretty awesome...well it is to me anyway....Brian and I have COMMITTED to having dinner AS A FAMILY...EVERY NIGHT (as much as possible anyways!) at 6:00!!!! This is a HUGE deal for us, as he generally doesn't get home until a little later and I am usually the one sitting down with the boys :( This has really been on our minds lately and we both feel very strongly how important a family meal is. Soooo, we are one for one right now :) YAY! So, will you tell me...what time do you eat dinner???? And how do you handle snacks up until that time?? Yesterday worked out really well....but I know I'm gonna hit a wall. So, all my smart, bloggy friends...can you help a girl out??!!

8 comments:

Misty Rice said...

Your cheer comment was funny .... and you said "I drive a rabbit". HA! Ha! That is what my car was called in high school. White rabbit. It was a small convertible rag top that looked like a BMW but was the poor french version called a Renault. LOL

At graduation the saying went like this "the walls will tumble down when Misty gets rid of the rabbit." LOL

Good times in that little car. Roaming the strips, top down, girls hair blowing and yelling at the boys..

(clap-clap)

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday to Jake!
And to you!!!

Glad the house is coming along ~ do you have a moving in date yet?

I eat dinner with the kids as Richard doesn't come home from work till about 7pm every night. The boys would be eating each other (and me!) by that time! So i feed them early about 5pm ish to avoid the after school snacking.

But at the weekends we tend to sit down together and eat.
I find it so hard what to make for the dinner as the boys are so fussy. Pasta was usually a safe bet, but now Ben and Logan say they don't like it. And i REFUSE to make different dinners! (eat it or leave it ~ there is nothing else!) Oh, i'm a tough Mum!

Thanks for the puppy names. We really like Murphy that you suggested. The breeder is supposed to be giving me a phone on Thursday so that we can then organise meeting her, the pups and handing over a deposit.

I will be sure to take my camera!

Love,
Amanda x

Miss Lisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm sorry it was not the best but just think of how much better next year will be :)

Having dinner together is very very difficult for us. Mike is a real estate agent and is getting his appraiser license so needless to say he works some crazy hours. If he is positive he will be home by say 6:30, we will wait for him and I will give the kids something small like peanut butter and apples or some cucumber and cream cheese.
Usually without Mike, we eat at 5:30 and treat it like dinner--table set, music, etc.
We try very hard to have dinner as a family at least once a week and if that doesn't work, Mike tries to come for a family lunch or we make time for a family breakfast.
Good luck on your home--it sounds exciting!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Happy birthday!!

We eat dinner together every night except for Wednesdays. And we eat when it's ready. Sometime between 6 and 7. Usually closer to 6.

As for snacks...the kids usually have one about 4. They usually want another. But at that point I'll only offer cheese cubes or fruit. Or something else if we will eat dinner closer to 7.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY FOURTH SWWEEET THANG!!!


((((you're so funny!!))))))

Jennifer P. said...

Sounds like normal life to me :)!

Sorry to hear the b.day wasn't a little happier--but memorable is fun too!

I have sat down to family dinner for the past 10 years now. It's kind of sacred time for the boys and I. Not always calm or pretty, but it's good to have the routine anyway! I have a latch on my pantry and shut down snacks at 4 pm so we can have dinner at 6. It works most of the time (unless they start snacking in the fridge!).

Hope you love it as much as we do!

Jim said...

With the passage of time, the Office 2007 applications are gradually integrated the Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 is considered a de facto standard development documentation

Deitrich said...

Whenever you travel applications to be able to Office Professional 2007 download Gain access to, you can find some new capabilities associated with data processing, these additional features, the majority of wanting fresh ACCDB repository formatting.
If you know merely Download Office 2007 Entry customer program to gain access to your repository, and to use the brand new impression safe-keeping format, you’ll be able to customize the safe-keeping formatting with the impression properties according.