Thursday, February 5, 2009

In TRUE STACI STYLE.....

( You can barely see the V-A-N in the background...it's the only picture I can find...but that's her!)


Okay...seriously, this should make you laugh....I hope it comes across as funny reading it...as it was when it actually happened :)


Soooo, I'll preface this with...I had ALOT going on yesterday...here's how it went down:


I loaded the kids up...and Mac...for our daily dropoffs at their schools....Kid #1...check. No problem.


As I pulled into the parking lot of Jake's school...I decided to park in a different parking space than I normally do. I am generally a creature of habit .


So, drop Jake off...no problem...am beebopping out to the V-A-N...click my remote to unlock the car, get in...am calling out for Mac...because usually he's right there in my face licking it to pieces...NO MAC :( I get a little panicked...call his name again...still, NO MAC. Then I look at the dash...and think to myself, "hmmmm, I don't have a pink phone." And then, in a matter of a millisecond....I was like, "HOLY #^&....THIS ISN'T MY CAR!!!!" I mean, i bolted out of that van and shut the door behind me so fast...I'm sure I looked very silly...or suspicious depending upon who saw. And believe me...my head did a 360 to check and see if anyone saw what had happened!!!


She was parked where I normally park when I drop off and her V-A-N is EXACTLY like mine. At first I thought...WHY did MY remote open HER car?? But then, logical thinking kicks in and realize, she had just left her car unlocked.


Anyway, I successfully remembered where I had parked and bolted there as fast as I could. I did wait for her to come out because you know, your mind goes crazy and you think...what if something happens today and MY fingerprints would be ON and IN her van???!!!! Holy cow do I waaaay overthink things sometimes :( So, after I told her what had happened...she of course was laughing and was not mad but whew, I mean, you guys, my heart was beating so fast and I think I was sweating.


So, there you go...I'm sure it's not as funny when you read it as it was when it actually happened...but just laugh anyway :)


And if you are wondering WHY I type out V-A-N....it's a long story...but when we first decided to get a V-A-N...I could NOT actually SAY it...I had to spell it...I couldn't believe I was driving one!!! I'm totally over it now...and am perfectly fine with driving my VAN!!! Won't be forever...and it was sure nice not paying $120 to fill up when gas prices were ridiculous! Some day...SOME DAY...I'll get to have what I really want....but for now, it's all good :) Oh yea...her name is VANessa...but we call her "Nessie" for short. Do you name your cars??

6 comments:

Debra Howard said...

That is hillarious. Especially when I remember when something very similar happened to me. Only I was in a PU & she was in a suburban. Looked the same because we had a matching topper in the back. She had parked right beside me & the inside looked exactly the same except there was more seats behind you. Freaked me out too. She laughed. Debbie

Amanda said...

I have "lost" my car in the car park at work before and looked like a right idiot walking up and down the rows looking for it. I even began to panick that someone had stolen it! I just forgot where i had parked it!
It's nice to read that it's not only me that does silly things!!

The dog breeder said she might breed her dog in the summer. We are on her waiting list. So who knows when we will get a pup!

Love,
Amanda x

Miss Lisa said...

LOL--that happened to us with our old Explorer at a service shop. They brought over the wrong car to our house. The keys worked, the remoteless entry but when we got it, we thought, 'hey this car is clean' and it was not ours!
we brought it back and they said this has never happened before. Wonder how common it is now?

Too funny--wonder if the driver of the other van ever did the same thing to your car?!

Pierce Family said...

My car in dental school was the "RC" stood for rockin' corolla!!

Jennifer P. said...

ok--I really DID laugh out loud at that one! I can SO see myself doing that--especially at a school where EVERYONE has a V-A-N.

I haven't named my van yet. I love her, sort of, she's very utilitarian anyway. I guess she needs a utilitarian kind of name....like Pat. Yes, Pat.

Ronnica said...

I saw a lady walk up to my car one time and try to get in. I was in the laundromat, watching unobserved. After she tried the handle a couple of times, she figured out it wasn't her car. The funny thing was that her car wasn't the same make as mine (she had a Honda, mine's a Toyota), and not really even the same color (hers was a much darker gray)!