Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Controller of the House

So, long time no blog????!!! Yea, yea,yea, I'll give the specifics on another post but for now I'm going to write what is on my mind.
I think I 'm going to use this blog as kind of a journal of sorts...so, if at times it may seem personal or whatever...just skip over and read what you wish! But if I don't start writing things down, I'll forget and then there will be no memories of that particular moment...which is why I'm blogging. Here's how it went down:

Connor: "Can I have a PB sandwich please?" (It's 3:30...but he did
say please!)
Mommy: "I guess so...I mutter to myself, at least it's not candy he's
he's asking for!"
Connor: "Can I eat in on the living room floor so I can watch American
Dragon?"
Mommy: "Ughhh, I guess so." Already regretting my decision!
10-15 minutes elapse....Mom walks into the LR to the smell of a poopy
diaper and crumbs everywhere....
Mommy: "Connor, go get the hand vacuum and clean up your crumbs
please, this is why Mommy should've made you sit at the
table!"
Connor: "well, I didn't do it on purpose, Controller of the House!"
Mommy: "puzzled look and then crack up laughing, "What does THAT
mean?"
Connor: "Well, you are!" Laughing hysterically and happy with
himself for 1) making me laugh and 2) not being in toooo
much trouble!
10 seconds later...music to my ears, the ever-ready hand vac that I
couldn't live without! Man, do I have them trained or what?! Someone's gotta be in control of 2 little guys and 1 big one! So, I dub myself Controller of the House and will wear the crown with pride!

3 comments:

Scott said...

First the house, next the road, ultimately the air.... Have I got a job for you ;)

Pierce Family said...

you go girl!

Miss Lisa said...

You have their total respect mommy!
You are doing something RIGHT!
Cute story!